US

US

Thursday 26 November 2015

Ayurvedic Medicine "It's traditional with a modern touch" by Smakkya Ayurvedic Clinic



I was invited by Smakkya Ayurvedic Clinic (Health Care) together with Najeeb to try out this traditional indian medication and rejuvenation.  Located at Jalan Maarof, Bangsar, we were introduce to ayurvedic Dr. which he will holistically analyse you in term of your physical health and mental health (EQ).

It soon will be the key indicator to determine what are the treatment you need. Your lifestyle improvement will be advise by the doctor. Funny how he can read you what are you taking, your mood, your thought just by a simple questionnaire and Q&A session with the doctor.

Me and Najeeb getting ready to be rejuvenate 

Let's us took a simple tour of Samkkya. It is a center for alternative medication based on 'Ayurveda' treatment. They got 3 branches in Malaysia which at Bangsar (Samkkya Ayurverdic Clinic), Melaka (Smakkya Ishak Ayurvedic Hospital) and Taman Tun Dr Ismail (Samkkya Yoga School).



We went to the Bangsar Branch to discover more on what actually  ayurvedic treatment was. My first impression I thought it some kind of 'spa' with a little scent of relaxation. Well, it's not entirely I was wrong it is more than that.

When we talk about Ayurveda, we talking bout a system. In which is natural well-balance blended for your whole well being. It's from the word of Sanskrit 'Ayur' means life while 'veda' means science. The science of life.

In ayurveda, wellness come in 3 factor; mind, physical, and natural balance. It cover the aspect of diet, detoxification, physical, mental balance,  and natural element of your body.

Miss Averyl caught in action

Now, let get back to the part where my friend and I reaches Samkkya. We were welcome by the GM Miss Averyl, little brief of what we will be experiencing today and straight to meet our holistic doctor, Dr. Shiv Kumar Vats (Dr. Vats). In between it, we were served with ginger tea which I kind of dislike most..

The ginger teaaaaaa...

The basic thing in ayurvedic is 'Dosha'. It is the determination of what you are in the nature element. We will need to answer some of the questionnaire given with most honest regarding your lifestyle and habit.. wahlahhh.. the dr can read you thru.. based one it he can predict your behavior and what are the things you need to be improve. There is 5 element space (eter), air (udara), water (air), earth (tanah) and fire (api). You are to be in either of the element that is dominant in you. Well, I am on the fire type.

I was understands that there are 3 element in our body. There are; Vatha - body movement, reflects, blood circulation; Pitha - 'light', body temperature, energy, metabolism, nutrition absorption and detoxification; Kapha - physically, liquid in body. All those 3 are linked with our diet and lifestyle.



I think is well enough of the explanation. After a session with Dr. Vats, it's come to the treatment time. The consultation from Dr. Vats are used to determine what type of treatment you need ? material suit your body ? any improvement in your lifestyle ? 

During Consultation with Dr. Vats

Full massage body using warm 'Abhyanga' was introduced. Did I mention it warm ? because you see there is a stove in the massage room to heat up the Abhyanga (massage oil). Frankly, it was my first time having full body massage. haha...

I don't know whether I'm nerves or excited =P

Start from your head. During the time, the therapist told me some part of my head, the blood circulation was not smooth. 3 point of my head he pressed, is the point where I do had headache sometime (surprisingly, afterward I press myself, no effect at all ==.==).. He help to 'lighten' my head... Next is my body, he did again, tracing my back pain.. also in 3 point.. He told me it might be due to my work environment that some time required me to sit a lot. I think the rejuvenation took me around 2 hours and IT WASSSS NICEEE!!!

That's all I can say, the experience is priceless. You guys can check it out at there website www.samkkya.com.my or call 03-2287 2111 for more info.



P/s the room environment was nice.. the temperature with soothing sound of nature make me wander around in the realm of nature.. ahhhhhh

4 comments:

Sue Izza said...

aummmmmm syok arrr....hehehhehe

CiKaLi said...

Hahah.. Ops coz laaa

Ubai Ismail said...

seronoknyaa.. hilang lenguh2 ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi, saya sangat menyukai blog anda! ZALORA Malaysia kini sedang mencari blogger yang berbakat, dan saya tertanya adakah anda berminat untuk satu kolaborasi blog bersama kami. Anda boleh hubungi saya di izz.latif@my.zalora.com jika anda berminat dengan tawaran ini dan saya akan berikan segala butiran di sana. Harap dapat balasan emel anda secepat yang mungkin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.